Venues for Corporate Events
How to Choose the Best Venues for Corporate Events in GautengCorporate events can be tricky things. First of all, it depends on what the objective of the event is, and who the audience is. Only after that is it prudent to start searching for venues, and this can open up a whole new can of worms as well. You have to be pretty certain of your needs before starting to search for venues for corporate events, because different events will require different environments and different facilities.
For instance, you cannot organise a team building event at a venue that does not accommodate any outdoor or indoor team activities. You also cannot organise a conference at a venue that cannot deal with the needs of your delegates and your conferencing team before, during, or after the event. You simply cannot stick your head in the sand when it comes to the best venues for corporate events, and some serious research and brainstorming will have to be done well before the event is planned.
Often, the planning and organisation can be outsourced to a professional events coordinator or conference organiser, because they will have access to venues, facilities, and suppliers that the usual corporate organiser may not, but otherwise, it is best to start by securing the perfect venue for the event. Here are some guidelines to help you choose the best venues for corporate events:
- Purpose: All corporate events are supposed to have some kind of objective. This is the first thing you have to think about. Whether it is to celebrate performance or just boosting morale with a great party, it is essential that you know what your corporate event is all about, and what the end game is. Of course, the venues for corporate events play a great role in what the objective is, and ultimately, you have to find the venue that best suits your needs.
- Location: When you think about your guests or delegates, you absolutely have to consider where they are coming from. People who fly or drive in from different locations within the country, and also delegates arriving from international destinations, need to be able to reach your venue as easily and quickly as possible.
The last thing you want to do is to subject a delegate to a lengthy and difficult journey to the venues of your corporate events, so you have to think about the journey they are about to undertake to get to the venue. The last thing you need is a lot of grumpy and tired attendees at your function. So, when choosing venues for corporate events, you have to consider the trip from the landing to the venue.
Monument Function Centre is perfectly located because it is only about a 30-minute drive away from Africa’s busiest airport: O. R. Tambo International airport. Then there is also Lanseria airport, which mostly deals with local flights. Both of these airports are relatively close to the Monument Function Centre, and this makes things a lot easier for the people attending your corporate event.
- Catering: Because you are likely to have people arriving from different locations, each with their own culinary proclivities and dietary requirements, you need to have trust in the people who are preparing the food at the venues for the corporate events you choose. At Monument Function Centre, we can cater for all dietary requirements and tastes, and the cuisine served here is prepared by highly creative and experienced chefs who are able to cater to practically any taste.
- Parking: One of the most important things people seem to neglect when selecting venues for corporate events is the availability of parking. In South Africa, it is especially important to have enough safe and secure parking around. This means that your delegates are able to arrive and park without any difficulties.
- Hosting: When looking for venues for corporate events, you need some superb hosts. These are the people who can make or break your event. All the guests and delegates need to feel welcome and taken care of at all times, and if you do not have a team that is ready to step up to make life comfortable for your guests, you are on a losing streak. This is why a highly effective hospitality team is essential.
If you are looking for the best venues for your corporate events in Gauteng, Monument Function Centre can provide more than you are looking for. Just contact us, speak to our team, and we will take care of the rest. We look forward to hearing from you.