Team-Building Venues in Pretoria
How to Choose Team-Building Venues in Pretoria That Will Work for YouDo the teams in your organisation need some motivation? Are they starting to feel a little deflated? Are they having communication problems? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you will find that team-building exercises can do a lot to motivate them, to get them to communication better, and to learn more about the strengths and weaknesses in their teams. They also feel more valued as individuals and teams if the company is willing to spend money on their development and interests. Getting them out of their usual office environments to enjoy some fun team-building exercises could be just what they need to gain a fresh perspective.
All these things will help them to become more productive, and in the end, it means a lot for the organisational bottom line! There are several team-building venues in Pretoria and surroundings to choose from, but it is essential that you choose the correct one for the best results. Most team-building exercises can be done in a day, which means that accommodation is not needed, but if accommodation is required, it should be close to the venue to eliminate long travel times. Here are some of the basics you need to know before you choose team-building venues in Pretoria or Gauteng:
- What is the objective of the exercise? You must know why exactly you are choosing to do this event. For instance; do you need to increase motivational levels? Has the structure of the business changed and you need to give your employees a good opportunity to buy into the changes? Are you doing this as part of an incentive? Once you know what your purpose is for doing this team-building exercise you can move forward to the next step.
- Choose the right team-building experts: There are so many team-building venues in Pretoria that you have to know which ones relate to your objectives the best. When you know what you want to achieve, it is easier to find the experts that specialise in the types of team-building exercises that will help you to achieve your objective. Choosing a communications expert when you need a motivational professional may not provide you with the best results, so you will have to find the people who specialise in helping to achieve your specific objectives. Some team-building experts can even custom-create a team-building day for you with appropriate exercises, measure results, and provide valuable feedback about the performance and aptitudes of employees performing these team-building exercises.
- How much space is needed and how many people will take part? Once you have found your team-building expert, you will have to ensure that there is enough space for the team-building exercises they will be performing. The amount of space required indoors and outdoors depends on how many people will be participating in the event. Ensure that your choice of team-building venues in Pretoria has enough space in the garden, conference rooms, or sports fields for the exercises.
- Is catering required? Of course, after spending the entire day doing team-building exercises, your teams will need refreshments and food! Choose only team-building venues in Pretoria or Gauteng that can provide your team with delicious, yet nutritious food for the day. People often have a mid-morning slump and may require more than a cold drink or a cup of tea, so ensure that there are some muffins or sandwiches to bump up their energy levels. Take into consideration the different nutritional requirements of your employees – some may be wheat- or gluten-intolerant, and others may have vegetarian/vegan requirements or need special meals prepared for them according to their religious or personal beliefs.
- Keep it close to home: If your company is in Gauteng, select only team-building venues in Pretoria or its surroundings that are not too far away from the office or the homes of the employees. If they are too far away from home, you may have to arrange overnight accommodation. A great, central place to choose is the Monument Function Centre in Pretoria, because this is easily accessible from just about anywhere in Gauteng.
If you would like to find out more about our team-building services at Monument Function Centre, give our team a call today to discuss your needs!