Pretoria Wedding Venues
Tips for Choosing Pretoria Wedding Venues
When it comes to Pretoria wedding venues, there are a lot to choose from, and it isn’t always as easy to find that perfect location. Various things have to be taken into consideration and it is advisable that you draw up a list of the things that are crucial to your day, the things that are desirables, and other things that are nice-to-haves and not particularly important. Here are some tips on how to choose your ideal wedding location.
- Date or season: The look of a wedding location can change very much during the seasons. If you like the look of a particular venue in the summer and you are only getting married in the winter, you may ask to see some photos of the venue in the winter. How the venue looks can influence the ambience of the wedding, and you have to ensure that you know how the weather can influence the venue during that particular season.Make a wise choice when it comes to getting married indoors or outdoors, and ensure that the venue you choose can offer an alternative location inside if the weather turns. The weather in Pretoria is ambient all year round and Pretoria wedding venues are usually quite free from bad weather, but even so, thunderstorms can arrive without warning and leave just as soon. These usually occur in the late afternoon and it is essential that you have an alternative plan available for these occurrences.
- Facilities: It is imperative that the venue can provide all the facilities you need to make your day perfect. Whether you need accommodation, a large dance venue, a theme or a specialised cuisine, it is advisable that you ask all the right questions before deciding on the venue. Take any special needs into consideration, such as childcare for guests, disabled facilities (if required) and transport. If guests are staying over at the venue, it is also important to establish that the venue can indeed cater to the needs of the guests.
- Reliable suppliers: Pretoria wedding venues are good at partnering with local suppliers to provide flowers, decorations, DJs, music systems, marquee tents, transport, extra furniture or seating, cutlery, crockery and great food. Ensure that you find a wedding venue that has reliable suppliers who will not let you know at the last minute.
- Ambience: The feel of a wedding is extremely important, as weddings are supposed to be wonderfully romantic, while still retaining a sense of gravitas in the ceremony. An authentic feel and beautiful places to take great wedding photos are elements that can contribute immensely to the ambience. Lighting is also important – if your wedding is expected to go on into the evening or night, ensure that you take a look at the venue at night to ensure that you get the feel for what they can provide.
- Good assistance: A winning recipe is to find a venue with an in-house wedding or events planner. This makes the planning process a lot easier and will limit the amount of people you have to deal with. Ideally, you want as little stress as possible, and handing over the nitty-gritty organisational grind to a competent events planner just simplifies things immensely. It is also possible to get your own wedding planner who is not necessarily tied to the venue you want, but it would help if that person has organised weddings at your location of choice before. If in doubt, it could help to ask the location staff to recommend a wedding or events planner that they regularly deal with.
- Ease of access: It is important that all your wedding guests are able to reach the location easily regardless of where they came from. Pretoria is especially good for this, as it is located near all national roads in the country, and has various stations and two airports in relatively close proximity. Parking can also be an issue and the venue must have ample, secure parking for guests. Ease of access may also be improved by organising shuttles or buses to transport guests to and from the wedding location from a central point.
If you are looking at Pretoria wedding venues for your Big Day, you will find everything you need at Monument Function Centre. We are located in a nature reserve on a hill overlooking the majestic Voortrekker Monument, and the views over the city lights and the imposing monument at night are simply spectacular. Our function centre can provide all the facilities and services you require to make your Big Day perfect and magical! Contact us today to talk about your wedding requirements, or come and visit us to find out more about how we can make your wedding day just spectacular!
Trackback from your site.