Modern Conference Facility in Pretoria
The Pick of Conference Facilities in PretoriaNowadays in the 21st century, business makes the world go around, as it were, and business is big throughout the world and South Africa, especially in the country’s major cities, Pretoria being one of them. This latter city is located relatively close to Johannesburg, SA’s busiest economic hub, and the O. R. Tambo International Airport, where huge numbers of businessmen and women from abroad enter the country.
It must be said that Pretoria is not far behind Johannesburg in the business and economic stakes. The Jacaranda City, as it is also known because of the proliferation of jacaranda trees which bloom profusely along the pavements and in gardens every October, is a vibrant metropolis in its own right.
Sir Herbert Baker designed the eminent Union Buildings, where the State President and his government officials have their principal offices. This distinctive working heritage site is also located here in Pretoria, South Africa’s administrative capital.
Additionally, the Jacaranda City is also home to many other historical sites and buildings, including the mighty Voortrekker Monument. The area surrounding the monument is quite densely wooded with semi-bushveld vegetation, which forms part of a nature reserve, in or near which most of our modern conference facilities are located.
Home of Modern Conference Facilities
- Blikkantien (tin can or canteen) has a graceful old-world appearance, ambience and décor elements, yet when it comes to conference and function facilities, this venue only features the best, modern cutting-edge amenities. When you want to host a conference surrounded by the charm and style of yesteryear, this is the venue for you.
- De Kroon Kamer (the crown room) is a super facility at which to host a smaller, more intimate conference. However, there are various meeting rooms on offer, accommodating any number of delegates between 10 and 120. Breakaway facilities are purpose built, and ample guest parking is safe and secure, enabling attendees to focus on their business of the day.
- Manschappen (enlisted men) is a dedicated “away from the office” conference centre, comprising 6 conference rooms, plus a boardroom, also located within the nature reserve and its glorious natural landscape. The main conference room is situated in the Fort Schanskop Museum, ensuring a totally unique business environment, unlike any other. 45 delegates can be seated in a boardroom configuration.
- Amphi Hall is large and multi-functional for all types of events, business seminars, functions, launches, special occasions, festivities and celebrations. Like the other venues, catering, modern equipment, various seating plans and breakaway areas are included.
- Villa Paradiso is not in Pretoria itself, but a little further away – at Hartbeespoort Dam. This facility is a 4-star hotel with extensive conference facilities and options. Overnight accommodation is available, if required, in 60 en-suite double rooms or units, equipped with TV, select DStv channels and tea/coffee making facilities. This establishment’s business meeting centre features 4 conference rooms with breakaway areas for up to 120 persons and a boardroom.
At all our facilities and restaurants, we’re well known for the quality of our delicious meals and snacks, and that’s why our patrons keep coming back for more – time and again. In fact, our enterprise has its roots in catering and fine dining. We’ll gladly discuss your meal and beverage requirements with you; given sufficient notice, we’ll ensure that special dietary requirements are met.
A dedicated, experienced conference co-ordinator will be assigned to you to assist with all your requirements and specific arrangements, ensuring that everything runs smoothly, satisfactorily and to time. He or she will assist you in every way possible, so that you don’t have to worry about arrangements and logistics, leaving you free to attend to your obligations and business matters.
- Registration table.
- Flip chart.
- Overhead projector and screen.
- Flexible seating plans.
- Private breakaway rooms/areas.
- Mints and cool, fresh water.
- Private LAN and WiFi network – additional options comprise network printer, fax and broadband internet access.
Optional Additions (at extra charge)
- Lapel and cordless microphones.
- Data projector/LCD recording system.
- Video conferencing facilities.
- Use of a business centre, from which faxes may be sent and where photocopies may be made.
We strive to ensure that your conference is a resounding success and the best ever. If it’s hosted at our venues, with the assistance of our modern facilities, we trust that we’ll see you again when your next conference is due.