Function Venue Quotes
What to Consider When Gathering Function Venue QuotesWhat do you look for when gathering function venue quotes? How do you know that a venue is going to be able to fully cater to your function, without a hitch? One of the first steps to ensuring that your function is well catered to would be to make a reservation at a reputable function venue. Of course, there are some things that you can take into consideration and check out before you decide which venue is best suited to your needs:
- Who are your guests and what size will the group be? It is best to have an idea in mind of how many people you would like to invite and, of course, what the general atmosphere of the group will be, before selecting or short listing potential function venues.
- Know your audience and know how to cater to it. Who your guests are will have a direct bearing on what sort of venue you hire. If you are planning a children’s party, you won’t hire an elite conference venue, for example. Ensure that the venue has the facilities to cater to the type of guests that will attend.
- Location, location, location! Where your chosen venue is located will affect how many guests will attend your function. Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to travel far and wide for a gathering, so choose the venue’s location carefully. It should be easily accessed from all directions, and also located in a safe and secure area. If you will be serving alcohol at your function, make sure that it is possible for transport companies to reach the venue.
- Be aware of the weather. If you are planning an outdoor function, it is best to select a venue that has the option of moving the event indoors, in case of bad weather. Alternatively, make sure that you have a cover or umbrellas available if it looks like it might rain.
- Check the venue’s track record. How a venue has handled past events will tell you everything you need to know about their ability to handle yours. Ask the venue for some details on past events and even try to see some photos to ascertain just what sort of setup you can expect. Find out if the venue offers any extras as part of the package, such as decorations, setup and breakdown services, food servers and so on. It is important to know that your event will be properly catered to and that your guests will feel looked after.
- Get a list of services provided by the venue. Before you secure any venue bookings, find out if they include secure parking, general security for the venue itself, catering, lighting and sound, ticketing, transport or similar. It is also a good idea to find out if there are any restrictions set in place by the venue.
- Be sure about the fees. Rates and fees can get confusing when it comes to gathering function venue quotes. Firstly, you might be quoted a rental fee that excludes all additional services. It is often best to hire a venue that includes all tables, chairs, dance floor and similar in their venue hire fee. It is best to ask the venue for a breakdown of their fees in a check list format, so that you know exactly what is included and what isn’t. Make sure that all taxes are also included in the quotes. It is also vitally important to familiarise yourself with the venue’s refund and cancellation policy – just in case.
At Monument Function Centre in Pretoria, we are more than well equipped to handle your function, gathering or celebration. We have 6 venues to choose from and are ideally located within the Voortrekker Monument Nature Reserve. We offer our clients the opportunity to host their function in well-equipped function venues and ensure that our friendly and professional staff members are available to assist, every step of the way.
If you are gathering function venue quotes in the Pretoria area, take the time to get in touch with us at Monument Function Centre. We will ensure that you are provided with everything that you need to know about our venue and what we can do for your next function. Contact us via email or telephone at your earliest convenience for some relevant quotes.