Conference and Team-Building Venues In Pretoria
Seven Things to Consider Before Choosing Conference and Team-Building Venues in PretoriaThe conference and team-building venues you choose can have a significant impact on the success of the event. If you want to host such an event in Pretoria or surrounding area, you have to choose your venue carefully, so that you will have access to all the facilities, services, and space you need. The location is probably the most important decision you will make when it comes to planning and organising a team-building event or a conference, and we provide you with some top tips about how to select the correct conference and team-building venues for your event in Pretoria or its surroundings:
- Easy access: It is vital that everyone can reach the venue without too much hassle and without having to spend too much time on the road. If delegates are flying in from international or local destinations, it is advisable to focus on conference and team-building venues in Pretoria, because these are so close the O.R. Tambo and Lanseria international airports. Many national roads converge in Gauteng, which will provide your delegates with easy access by road to these venues. The Monument Function Centre is situated at the highly visible Voortrekker Monument, and this prominent landmark is easy to spot, even from afar.
- Ample parking: It can be very irritating to have to park too far from the venue or to drive around, trying to locate a safe parking spot for your vehicle. Therefore, you have to ensure that there is enough safe parking at the conference and team-building venue you choose. If you are providing shuttles or coaches to transport your delegates, ensure that there is enough space to park large vehicles close to the venue and, even more importantly, enough space for them to turn around.
- Space and conference rooms: Often, team-building exercises take place outdoors, and the gardens of the team-building venue you select will have to be able to easily accommodate the exercises taking place, as well as the number of people taking part. Conferences often have disparate requirements and you must ensure that the main conference hall can accommodate the number of delegates, and that there are enough breakaway spaces if needed.
- Attractiveness and tranquillity: It is great for employees to get away from the office – it changes their perspective and gives them an opportunity to engage in a different environment in a more creative way. The venue you choose will have a significant impact on how they feel about the event – the more attractive the location is, the better. Great views, peace and quiet, and luxurious surroundings can go a long way! There are a lot of conference and team-building venues in Pretoria, but not many of them can provide the outstanding views, tranquil gardens, and natural surroundings of the Monument Function Centre.
- Catering: Nothing will dampen the spirits of your delegates quicker than being offered stale snacks during their breaks or unappetising food at mealtimes. It is vital that you choose a venue that has high standards when it comes to catering, while also being able to provide for specific food preferences or dietary requirements such as vegan fare.
- Service and hospitality: Planning and organising a team-building event or conference can be time-consuming and highly stressful. This is why you should choose the conference and team-building venues in Pretoria that have professional staff that can provide a helping hand. Usually, the conferencing venues that offer comprehensive services and facilities will have banqueting professionals that can provide help with anything from planning meals and organising the programme to helping to set up for a stunning and entertaining event.
- Availability of equipment: If you are planning a conference, you will probably require access to a range of audio-visual equipment, and perhaps some additional items, such as microphones or electronic whiteboards. Ensure that the conference and team-building venues that you consider in Pretoria have access to these on site, and if they do not, that they can source these for you and have them professionally set up and tested before the conference begins.
If you are looking for the perfect conference and team-building venue in Pretoria for your next event, please contact our team at the Monument Function Centre and we will help you to create a wonderful event that your delegates will remember for all the right reasons!